- Strong, C. & Zafra, N. (2016). Natural disaster strategic communication: Drone, data and backpack journalism trends. PRism 13(1), 1-16 URL
- Strong, C., & Zafra, N. (2016). Backpack, drone and data journalism trends are changing strategic crisis communication. Paper presented at 8th International Forum on Public Relations and Advertising, Wellington, New Zealand. 25 January – 28 January 2016.
- Zafra, N. & Maydell, E. (2015). To comment or not to comment: Malaysia Airlines’ media and reputation management during the MH370 crisis. New Zealand Communication Journal. Manuscript submitted for publication
- Zafra, N. (2014). A long recovery: Rebuilding after a super storm. The Wireless. URL
- Multimedia package- https://haiyanreview.wordpress.com/
- Zafra, N. (2014). The digital reporter as a one-man-band: Disaster reporting in the age of backpack and multimedia journalism Massey University. Massey Research Online. URL
- Zafra, N. (2012, December). Indigenous peoples as media audience: An analysis of media use of a Dumagat tribe in the Philippines. Paper presented at the 10th ASEAN Inter- University Conference on Social Development, Universiti Brunei Darussalam, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei.
- Zafra, N. (Producer/Writer). (2014). Upuan; Ahensiyasat- Armed Forces of the Philippines; Pilipinas for Sale. In The Best of Reporter’s Notebook Volume 3 [DVD] [Documentary]. Philippines: GMA Records Home Video.
- Zafra, N. (Producer/Writer). (2011). Batang Bubog. In The Best of Reporter’s Notebook Volume 2 [DVD] [Documentary]. Philippines: GMA Records Home Video.