- Zafra, N. (in press). Backpack reporting of Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines: Implications of convergent technologies on disaster reporting. Pacific Journalism Review. Manuscript submitted for publication
- Zafra, N. & Maydell, E. (2018). Facing the information void: A case study of Malaysia Airlines’ media relations and crisis communication during the MH370 disaster. Asia Pacific Public Relations Journal, 18, 41-65. URL
- Strong, C. & Zafra, N. (2016). Natural disaster strategic communication: Drone, data and backpack journalism trends. PRism 13(1), 1-16 URL
- Zafra, N. (2014). The digital reporter as a one-man-band: Disaster reporting in the age of backpack and multimedia journalism Massey University. Massey Research Online. URL
- Zafra, N. (2013). News in 140-characters: #Twitter Practices of TVNZ’s ONE News. Paper presented at 25th New Zealand Communication Association Conference, Wellington, New Zealand. 2 December – 4 December 2013. URL
- Zafra, N. (2012, December). Indigenous peoples as media audience: An analysis of media use of a Dumagat tribe in the Philippines. Paper presented at the 10th ASEAN Inter- University Conference on Social Development, Universiti Brunei Darussalam, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei.
Other Creative Outputs
- Zafra, N. (2014). A long recovery: Rebuilding after a super storm. The Wireless. URLMultimedia package- https://haiyanreview.wordpress.com/
- Zafra, N. (Producer/Writer). (2014). Upuan; Ahensiyasat- Armed Forces of the Philippines; Pilipinas for Sale. In The Best of Reporter’s Notebook Volume 3 [DVD] [Documentary]. Philippines: GMA Records Home Video.